Administrative procedures

Information on paying the CVEC and how to register for Social Security and Civil Liability 


Student and campus life contribution

Starting from the 2021-2022 academic year, you will need to provide proof you have paid or are exempt from paying the vie Ă©tudiante et de campus contribution (CVEC) before enrolling at your higher education institution.

"The vie Ă©tudiante et de campus contribution" is provided for by the "Student Orientation and Success" law that was ratified on the 8th of March 2018."

The contribution is "intended to promote the welcoming and social, health, cultural and sport support for students and bolster health education and prevention activities carried out for their benefit" (article L. 841-5 of the education code).

Depending on your circumstances, you may have to pay a €94 contribution to CROUS. Students enrolled on a double degree course at two universities only have to pay the amount once.

Social security

Information about social security for students.


Civil liability

Civil liability is a legal obligation to pay for damage caused to others. In this case, the insurance covers the cost of repairing the damage you have caused.

Important note: Home insurance does not necessarily cover civil liability, unless it is expressly stated.

This insurance is mandatory to enroll at ICN.

You are maybe already covered by your parent's policy if you still live with them or you can take out your own policy with an insurer or student mutual insurance company:MGEL or LMDE.

Start dates