The course is designed to produce multi-talented executives who are able to enter the luxury industry (products and services) with a far-reaching and holistic vision of this sector.
Specifically, course students will be able to:
- Broaden their knowledge of the luxury sector’s key international markets.
- Understand the complex nature of the “luxury” segment, its key players (large corporations and sub-contractors) and the steps taken to preserve the expertise that is vital for this industry.
- Develop an awareness of the key role creativity and design play in this sector.
The program is split into modules that enable students to keep track of the process used to design, manufacture and launch a product or service from start to finish. The course also covers the luxury industry’s key international markets and its most important sectors. Last but not least, special emphasis is placed on providing students with everything they need to find a job in this industry, with “How to succeed in job interviews” and “How to build a career in the luxury industry” workshops.
- Managing Luxury Production and Design (Product Conception and Workshop,Workshop « Design your Product », Materials in the Luxury Industry)
- Luxury Markets & Sectors : Fashion, Wines and Spirits, Perfumes and Cosmetics, Watchmaking et Jewellery, Hospitality, Mobility.
- Company Stakes and Management (Luxury in the Digital Age, Sustainable Luxury and CSR)
- Managing Luxury Distribution (Luxury Distribution Strategy, Store Design, Workshop « Design your Store »)
- Managing Luxury Communication (Luxury Communication Strategy, Workshop «Design your Story »).
- Personal Development (Professional Skills, Study trip to a Luxury Country)
- Product Manager
- Product Development Manager
- Project Manager
- Quality/After-Sales-Service Manager
- Customer Relations Manager
- Style Coordinator
- CRM Manager
- Sales/Store Manager
- Retail Coordinator
- Visual Merchandiser
- Communications Manager
- Recruitment Manager
- Louis Vuitton
- Dolce & Gabbana
- ST Dupont
- Make up for ever
- Le Plaza Athénée
- Printemps Haussmann
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann
- Cristal Saint-Louis
- Le Mandarin Oriental…
Admission and tuition fees
- For MSc1 admissions: 3-year higher-education degree (BAC+3)
- For MSc2 admissions: 3 or 4-year higher-education degree (BAC+3/BAC+4) with extensive work experience in a company
- Proficiency in English essential
- Selection based on an application form and interview
The MSc in Luxury and Design
Management enabled me to channel my passion for leatherwork during my final internship at Maison Louis Vuitton.
The specialization provided by the MSc played a key role in my being selected by the Maison, as did my experiences abroad.
This internship gave me the chance to prove myself and continue on this trajectory since I am now Head of Leatherwork for the Menswear Fashion Show reporting to Virgil Abloh, an exciting role at the heart of the fashion and luxury world.