The ICN PhD intends to transform rigorously-selected and diverse candidates into responsible researchers willing to continuously contribute to the development of knowledge within an international context and in order to encourage contemporary and innovative knowledge.
Guided by the values of commitment and responsibility, the ICN PhD Program will then form researchers willing to pursue their careers in international universities and other research-oriented entities, taking advantage of a diversified network learning environment (University of Lorraine).
The ICN PhD encourages creativity in the topics and methodologies, consistently with the Artem vision of the school promoting cross-disciplinarity and innovative management.
The ICN PhD Programme is the equivalent of 3 full-time years of study, but can be taken part-time in some exceptional cases.
Students are selected on the basis of their research proposal and from the outset have a tutor dedicated to their research. It is this personalized and intensive relationship with the tutor.
The programme is structured as followed:
- First year: intensive research seminars taken as compulsory courses.
- After completing the seminars, the students are awarded the ICN research certificate and are authorized to continue their thesis provided their project is validated by the doctoral committee.
- During the ICN doctoral workshops, students have to present their research proposal advancement in the research axes seminars of the school :
– October of the second year (paper + presentation): research question and updated literature review.
– Third year (beginning): advanced workshops with papers and empirical results.
– Third year (end): pre-defense and defense in the research laboratory.
- The ICN PhD is a PhD in Management (Doctor in Philosophy in Management) delivered by ICN Business School.
- The PhD Degree is awarded by the ICN doctoral committee if all the requirements are filled (seminars, workshops, pre-defense reports in favor of the viva, positive).
- The Research PhD can be obtained via two paths: a thesis or a collection of articles.
- The defense is organized when the supervisor considers that the thesis is terminated.
- The PhD committee is formally appointed by the Dean for Faculty of Research and must abide by the following regulations:
– the supervisor
– two other members (reviewers),
– another member in order to chair the committee, external to the school.
- Possibility of double-degree with the University of Lorraine in some cases, provided the candidate is admitted to the doctoral school of the University.
- October | Seminar n°1
Designing and conducting an academic research in management science
- December | Seminar n°2
Quantitative methods for management science
- February | Seminar n°3
Qualitative methods for management science
- April | Seminar n°4
Theories of the firm and the organization
- June | Seminar n°5
Contemporary research on innovation, creativity and new forms of organization
- September N +1 | Seminar n°6
Research in the different management fields
- December N+ 1 | Seminar n°7
Doctoral workshops + pedagogy seminar
At the end of the seminars, 60 ECTS are awarded to the applicant and a research certificate is awarded.
During year 2, the doctoral presentation (Workshop) represents 20 ECTS.
The second presentation represents 20 ECTS.
The final defense 80 ECTS.
Graduation is defined by the rules and regulations of the program. Progression and registration are under the control of the ICN doctoral committee.
PROGRAMME DIRECTOR :
PhD Director: Prof. Stéphanie THIERY DUBUISSON
- The admission committee takes place in mid-June/early July each year.
- Applications are opened from April, 16th to June, 01st.
- The official Jury will take place in early July
- The starting seminar will take place in early October.
APPLICATION MATERIALS :
- Application form
- Previous degrees
- Strong research proposal
- Potential tutor contact
- Application fee of 100 €
A meeting with the candidate is organized. Click here to download the application form.
- Year 1 : 7100 €
- Year 2 : 5900 €
- Year 3 : 5100 €