The ICN PhD intends to transform rigorously-selected and diverse candidates into responsible researchers willing to continuously contribute to the development of knowledge within an international context and in order to encourage contemporary and innovative knowledge.
Guided by the values of commitment and responsibility, the ICN PhD Program will then form researchers willing to pursue their careers in international universities and other research-oriented entities, taking advantage of a diversified network learning environment (University of Lorraine).
The ICN PhD encourages creativity in the topics and methodologies, consistently with the Artem vision of the school promoting cross-disciplinarity and innovative management.
Click here to download the programme presentation flyer!
The ICN PhD Programme is the equivalent of 3 full-time years of study, but can be taken part-time in some exceptional cases.
Students are selected on the basis of their research proposal and from the outset have a tutor dedicated to their research. It is this personalized and intensive relationship with the tutor.
The programme is structured as followed:
- First year: intensive research seminars taken as compulsory courses.
- After completing the seminars, the students are awarded the ICN research certificate and are authorized to continue their thesis provided their project is validated by the doctoral committee.
- During the ICN doctoral workshops, students have to present their research proposal advancement in the research axes seminars of the school :
– October of the second year (paper + presentation): research question and updated literature review.
– Third year (beginning): advanced workshops with papers and empirical results.
– Third year (end): pre-defense and defense in the research laboratory.
- The ICN PhD is a PhD in Management (Doctor in Philosophy in Management) delivered by ICN Business School.
- The PhD Degree is awarded by the ICN doctoral committee if all the requirements are filled (seminars, workshops, pre-defense reports in favor of the viva, positive).
- The Research PhD can be obtained via two paths: a thesis or a collection of articles.
- The defense is organized when the supervisor considers that the thesis is terminated.
- The PhD committee is formally appointed by the Dean for Faculty of Research and must abide by the following regulations:
– the supervisor
– two other members (reviewers),
– another member in order to chair the committee, external to the school.
- Possibility of double-degree with the University of Lorraine in some cases, provided the candidate is admitted to the doctoral school of the University.
Graduation is defined by the rules and regulations of the program. Progression and registration are under the control of the ICN doctoral committee.
PROGRAMME DIRECTOR :
- The recruitment process will be open from May 1st to June 15th: an interface will be provided specifically on the ICN Business School website – on this PhD Program session.
- The admission committee will evaluate the first applications and decide if a second recruitment session is necessary.
- The starting seminar will take place in September in Nancy: mandatory attendance or remotely according to the global health situation.
APPLICATION MATERIALS :
statement of motivation for completing a PhD
- Master Degree or Equivalent Title or Professional Experience Certificate
two academic references
All documents will have to be in English.
For your information…
The annual tuition fee is 7600€. Tuition fees are waived for all students whose year-to-year progress is confirmed by the Review Committee. Tuition fees are waived for a maximum of three years.
Paid teaching assistant positions
A limited number of paid positions as graduate teaching assistants are available every year for suitably qualified candidates.
Mise à jour le 26/08/2021