The MSc in Finance and Risk Management trains specialists in the finance industry and financial geopolitics. Most Master’s in Finance courses offer either training in the financial markets or corporate finance. The MSc has been designed to fill a niche – in the finance industry – with an emphasis on operational and behavioural issues as well as the strategic location of financial vehicles. The program also looks at the interaction between different financial institutions, with a focus on the emergence of Fintech, Cyber Finance and changes in decision-maker behaviour. Once they have completed the program, students will understand the different business models and be prepared for employment in a variety of financial sectors: banks, funds, hedge funds, insurance and the strategic consultancy sector.
The program is built around six major module blocks which are designed to produce experts in Finance and Risk Management with an emphasis on the finance sector and financial geopolitics.
- Behavioral Finance and Marketing of Financial Products
- Risk Management for Financial Institutions
- Asset and Fund Management
- Behavioral Finance and the Architecture of Finance
- International Market Microstructure
- Geopolitics of Finance
- Risk advisory consulting
- Managing risk in the fund industry
- Specialists in structured hedge fund products
- Private equity fund analysts
- Private banking and asset manager
- Bank consulting
- Financial sector strategic consultancy
- Cyber finance consultant
- Ernst & Young Luxembourg
- Farad Group Luxembourg
- Alter Domus Luxembourg
- AM Best Products and Services Europe
Admission and tuition fees
- 4-year higher-education degree (BAC+4) or Master’s in management (with a proficiency in accounting, management control and finance)
- 3-year higher-education degree (BAC+3) with extensive work experience in these fields
- Proficiency in English essential
- Selection based on an application form and interview
- 3-year higher-education degree (BAC+3), you can apply for the preparatory year then take your MSc over 2 years
A well-designed course tailored to students interested in the growth of the banking and fund market. The tutorials gave me the tools and skills I needed to work in the consultancy sector, advising key Benelux Private Equity companies on the strategic challenges and operational issues that they currently face.
The way the course is structured and run by the first-rate teaching staff, as well as its international environment, are crucial to the students’ personal development.
I highly recommend it!
Discover all our MSc programs by downloading the brochure!