- Learn to tackle the specific challenges faced by the media and creative industries.
- Develop a holistic overview of the actual issues that impact these industries.
- Acquire solid managerial skills.
The media, cultural industries and the art world are taking on an increasingly professional dimension: this course develops the management skills that are essential for those seeking to further professionalize these industries.
The course covers a wide range of disciplines, from strategy to marketing, managing creativity and talent, project management to intellectual property rights, while also considering how digital is impacting companies that operate in the creative and arts sectors. In this course, the final seminar on management of the creative and cultural industries is particularly important, as students are given a project that is based on an actual managerial problem (examples: Musée de la Cour d’Or de Metz, Sony Music Entertainment, Auditorium du Louvre, etc.)
Here is an overview of the modules :
- Team Management
- Cultural sustainability
- Consumption & Branding in Cultural & Creative Industries
- Art and entertainment event management
- Cultural and Creative Industries Management 2
- The Art and Entertainment Management Seminar
One of the main aims of this program is to provide students with the skills they need to work in the creative industries.
The management skills that they will acquire will enable them to work in middle to senior management positions in theatre companies, museums, sports centres, art galleries, tourist attractions and production companies.
Examples of typical positions
- Business Developer
- Theatre or Opera House Director
- Brand Marketing Director
- Cultural Policy Manager for a museum
- Sponsorship Manager for a music festival
- Video Game Manager
- Cultural or Sports Event Organization Manager
- American Center for Culture and Arts Paris
- Art work Luxembourg
- Auditorium du Louvre
- Ensemble Dialogos – Paris
- Leonart – Nancy
- Musée de la Cour d’Or – Metz
- Nancy Tourist Office
- Nancy Opera
- Sony Music Entertainment
Admission and tuition fees
- For MSc1 admissions: 3-year higher-education degree (BAC+3)
- For MSc2 admissions: 3 or 4-year higher-education degree (BAC+3/BAC+4) with extensive work experience in a company
- Selection based on an application form and interview
I followed a literature path during my previous studies, so the option to take a “Creative and Cultural Industries Management” course at ICN was a key reason for choosing this school. One of the strengths of this particular program is that it brings in people who have worked in the cultural sector. They are able to share their experiences and offer us specific advice, helping us understand how the cultural sector operates. We were tasked with running projects from start to finish. This is the best way to learn and get to grips with actual issues faced by people who work in this sector.
Discover all our MSc programs by downloading the brochure!